This program is designed for students applying to public and private high schools including MCVSD, MCVTS, MATES, SSAT, and other boarding or private schools.
Students work within a combination of their individual needs and hands on instruction. This program is a synthesis of individual and group instruction based on needs, skills and level.
During each session we review math and language skills, break for lunch, and then take a math and LA practice test. These practice tests are loosely based on the topics covered in class that morning – they are not comprehensive full length mock MCVSD exams. Results of these practice tests are shared with parents.
During the morning review, a lead instructor teaches a topic and then students practice this topic; during practice students get individual support from our team of instructors. There is a maximum ratio of 6 students to 1 instructor ensure each student personalized attention during these instructional segments. After lunch students take a practice test which is graded, returned and reviewed.
- 8:30am-9:00am prior week’s homework review
- 9am-12pm half math and half language arts instruction
- 12:00-12:20 lunch break
- 12:20-2:15 practice test
- 2:15-3:00 graded practice tests are graded, returned and reviewed.
- 45 hours of instruction and practice
- Homework assigned after every session
- All materials
- Post class consultation
Sessions Begin Summer 2019:
- Session A: Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 7/9, 7/11, 7/16, 7/18, 7/23, 7/25, 7/30, and 8/1
- Session B: Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 8/6, 8/8, 8/13, 8/15, 8/20, 8/22, 8/27, and 8/29
- Session C: Sunday’s 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, and 11/3
- Session D: Sunday’s 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15, 12/22, 1/5, and 1/12 (assumes a 1/18/20 MCVSD test date)
Classes are modular and may be made up. For example, if you miss the second class in Session A (on 7/11) you can make it up on 8/8, 9/22 or 11/17 during which dates we will be reviewing the same material.
Total cost of this program $1,295
All sessions meet at 500 Rt. 35, Middletown NJ (click here for location map)
To keep course costs low we only provide refunds under limited circumstances. Upon registration, 50% of your course fee automatically becomes a non-refundable administrative fee; this is included in the price of every course. If you decide to cancel prior to the Monday before the scheduled start date of your course, we will refund your course fee minus the 50% non-refundable administrative fee. There are no refunds after the Monday prior to the start date of the program.